About Me

My photo
a girl who's thoughts escape her words.

Thursday, August 23, 2012

He knows my name

it's nice to be called your name.
it's nice when people know your name.

funny story-- yesterday one of my professors mentioned that scientists have found that humans' favorite word is their own name.

i believe it. across a crowded room, you can hear it, or being whispered about next room over by a roomate, your ears naturally perk up.

earlier today on campus, i was talking on the phone and pacing back and forth the sidewalk. two cute guys walked by me, up the sidewalk. then out of no where, i hear my name said. i turn around, way up the side walk the guys have stopped and are looking back. it's very strange. they said my name? i don't know them, do they know me through someone i know? then the guy walks down and pulls out my uid card. ohhhh! i dropped it!!

haha though it was totally unintentional, best pick up line evAR! lol all's left is for shining knight to write me on craigslist, and then we're set! hahahaha

anyways, back on topic, i guess it's nice when people know your name, because you're important. you matter to them. the thrill you feel hearing that the people you interviewed remembered you, or your internship supervisor gave you a good reivew, a wow moment of "huh! they actually knew my name!"

even greater to be known to God. God of the universe.

He knows my name. 

seriously.
knows everything about me. i like hearing that.










No comments:

Post a Comment